Gajar ka raita (Carrot with yogurt) is tasty, crunchy and colorful dish. It is very refreshing, cool and healthy and looks very tempting.
Gajar ka raita is a very simple dish which does not require any cooking. It is prepared with mixing shredded carrots with yogurt and flavored with cumin seed and mustard seed Tadka.
The sweetness of carrot is very well balanced with the sourness from the yogurt. It is very easy to make and an interesting way to serve carrots. This raita can be served with any dish and any Indian bread.
Ingredients: 2 Cups of plain yogurt (store bought or homemade yogurt) ½ Cup of grated carrots ½ Teaspoon cumin seeds ½ Teaspoon mustard seeds (rai) ½ Teaspoon red chili powder 1 Pinch of asafetida (Hing) or to your taste ¼ Teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder (roasted Jeera powder) 1 Pinch of chat masala or to your taste 1 Teaspoon vegetable oil 1 Teaspoon salt or to your taste
1. In a bowl whisk the yogurt and add grated carrots and mix them well.
2. To prepare the tadka, heat a small pan or a serving spoon, add oil, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and asafetida and fry them for 2 to 3 minutes or until mustard seeds start splattering and cumin seeds become dark brown, turn the stove off.
3. Add cumin seeds tadka and salt, in the yogurt with carrots and mix everything together.
4. Sprinkle chat masala, red chili powder and roasted cumin powder for decoration.
5. Keep in refrigerator and serve it chill.
If you do not like crunchy carrots then boil the carrots for 1 minute, squeeze the water out then add into the yogurt
~This post may contain affiliate links and I'll earn a small commission if you shop through them. There is no extra cost to you. This is how we help support our family and continue to bring you amazing content. To learn more see the affiliates disclosure here.~