Add 5 a Day to your Diet
Healthy Eating Suggestions:
- Prepare scrambled eggs or omelets with chopped veggies.
- Serve fruit with breakfast.
- Serve fruit with low-fat yogurt for a healthy snack.
- Fresh veggies with low-fat dipping sauce, make great snacks too.
- Serve a fresh cut salad with veggies with dinner.
What to Eliminate in your Eating
Now that we’ve covered some ways you can substitute healthy foods in to your kids’ menus, let’s talk about the foods you need to eliminate from their diets.
- Processed fruit snacks. Replace with real dried fruits.
- Chips and dip. Replace with baked corn chips and salsa.
- Cookies and candy bars. Replace with healthy granola bars.
- Milkshakes and full-fat milk. Replace with real fruit smoothies.
- White floured products. Replace with products made with whole wheat flour.
- Sugary desserts. Replace with fresh fruits and low-fat yogurt.
Making all of these changes can be difficult, but here’s a few shopping tips to help you get started.
- Primarily shop the outside of the grocery store, as most processed foods are found in the inside aisles.
- Get all of your fresh produce prepared (wash, chopped and stored) on the day you bring it home from the grocery store to make it easily accessible.
- The majority of the items you buy at the grocery store should be in the produce section followed by whole grain products and lean meats.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share your Idea.
Planned Kids Cooking Curriculum
~This post may contain affiliate links and I'll earn a small commission if you shop through them. There is no extra cost to you. This is how we help support our family and continue to bring you amazing content. To learn more see the affiliates disclosure here.~
Follow Kids Cooking Activities