Bella's scrummy nutcracker sponge
You will need:
For the sponge:
200g of unsalted butter (softened)
200g of self raising white flour
200g of granulated caster sugar
4 median sized free range eggs
1 tbs of ground cinnamon
1 tbs of growing nutmeg
For the filling:
200 ml of whipped cream
200 ml of strawberry jam
For the top:
50g of walnuts
40g icing sugar
(Preheat the oven to 180 (c) )
1. Put the softened butter and granulated sugar into a large mixing bowl and whisk well until combined into a creamy mixture.
2. Sift the flour into the creamed butter and sugar and add the eggs and spices. Mix well.
3. When you have a thick consistency, pour into a greased cake tin. Put in oven for 15-25 minuets.
4. Take the cake out of the oven and leave on a wire wrack until cool. When cool, cut in half and fill with cream and jam.
5. Sift the icing sugar over the top and add the walnuts.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit your kids recipe.
Planned Kids Cooking Curriculum
~This post may contain affiliate links and I'll earn a small commission if you shop through them. There is no extra cost to you. This is how we help support our family and continue to bring you amazing content. To learn more see the affiliates disclosure here.~