Hannah's Summer Lime Cookies & Lime-Flavored Greek Yogurt
by Hannah Pena
(Selma, TX, USA)
1) 1 cup butter, softened
2) 1 cup granulated sugar
3) 2 large eggs
4) 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
5) 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
6) 1/2 tsp baking soda
7) 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, or about 2 1/2 Persian limes
(leave out for regular,soft sugar cookies)
8) 1/4 tsp green food coloring (opt.)
1) 1 cup, nonfat Greek yogurt (well chilled)
2) 1/4 cup powdered sugar
3) 3 tbsp fresh lime juice (about 1/2 a Persian lime) or to taste
For Cookies: Makes about 4 dozen cookies (depending on size)
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and
sugar until creamy and well combined. Add vanilla and Eggs, beating after every addition.
2) In a separate bowl, sift flour and dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt). Mix briefly with a whisk.
3) Using mixer, gently add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Add lemon juice and food coloring (if using), and mix until well combined.
4) Drop even-sized spoonfuls onto baking sheet, allowing a 3 inch gap between each spoonful. bake for about 8-10 minutes, or 7-9 minutes for softer cookies. Let cool on wire rack, and enjoy!
Pour 1 cup chilled Greek yogurt onto bowl. Mix in powdered sugar and lime juice. Eat alongside cooled cookies!
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit your kids recipe.
Kids Cooking Activities Teaching Materials
Make teaching easier with our activities and recipes compiled in theme sets and books with an easy to read format
Perfect for teaching!
~This post may contain affiliate links and I'll earn a small commission if you shop through them. There is no extra cost to you. This is how we help support our family and continue to bring you amazing content. To learn more see the affiliates disclosure here.~
Follow Kids Cooking Activities