Antioxidant Chocolate Ice Cream
by Chef Justine Victoria
Making Chocolate ice cream
*Requires Electric Ice Cream Maker
(Put freezer bowl in freezer night before)
**Best to make during morning
*Electric Ice Cream Mixer
2 Cups Half & Half
2 Cups Almond Milk
4 TBSP Turbinado Sugar
3 TBSP Natural Unsweetened Cacao Powder
1. Boil the half and half until the milk skim rises. In a large metal bowl, mix the turbinado sugar, cacao powder, and half and half until the sugar is dissolved. Add in the almond milk and this will be your ice cream mix.
2. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Shortcut: Freeze for 45 minutes without a cover.
3. Attach the mixing paddle to the motor/top and attach the top to the freezer bowl. (Optional: Place freezer bowl in a large metal bowl and surround the outside with ice. This will keep the freezer bowl frozen.)
4. Pour the ice cream mix into a (4 cup) measuring cup.
5. Flip the mixing switch and pour 1/2 of the ice cream mix down the chute.
6. Let it mix for 2 minutes then turn off the paddle and remove the top. Scrape down the sides with a spoon and then attach the top again.
7. Repeat step 6 until the ice cream has your desired consistency. Scoop ice cream from the freezer bowl into a metal bowl, cover, and freeze if you're not eating the ice cream immediately.
8. Repeat steps 6-7 for the last of the ice cream mix.
9. To make a healthy banana split, slice an organic banana lengthwise and lay in a wide bowl. Scoop chocolate ice cream in the middle and top with fresh cherries.
10. You don't have to make a banana split, the ice cream is fine on its own! Enjoy!
Here is are a few fun facts! All natural cacao (ca-cow) powder is full of antioxidants, fiber, and magnesium. It's the highest food in antioxidants and is very good for your heart and brain! Also, almond milk is a great source of protein and calcium.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit your kids recipe.
Planned Kids Cooking Curriculum
~This post may contain affiliate links and I'll earn a small commission if you shop through them. There is no extra cost to you. This is how we help support our family and continue to bring you amazing content. To learn more see the affiliates disclosure here.~
Follow Kids Cooking Activities