List of Healthy Snacks
Here is a compiled list of snack ideas. To be considered healthy
make sure you pay attention to portion size. Read the labels of
packaged food. Don't buy items with high sugar high sodium content.
Sometimes changing the shape or look of food helps kids be more
interested in eating a healthy snack. Sometimes I core an apple and
cut it into rings instead of slices or instead of round carrot
circles I'll cut them in sticks or leave whole and I'm amazed how
much they enjoy this little change.
Check out some fun with food ideas
to make eating more enjoyable for kids.
See these pages for more snack ideas
Healthy snack recipes for children to prepare. Snack
Check out some recipes for kids
Don't forget to print the list of snack ideas below.
Kids Cooking Activities Teaching Materials
Make teaching easier with our activities and recipes compiled in theme sets and books with an easy to read format
Perfect for teaching!
~This post may contain affiliate links and I'll earn a small commission if you shop through them. There is no extra cost to you. This is how we help support our family and continue to bring you amazing content. To learn more see the affiliates disclosure here.~
50 Kids Snack Ideas
- carrots, cut in different shapes- cubes, circles, sticks,
- cucumber coins, sticks or boats
- cauliflower or broccoli florets
- lettuce wrapped with cottage cheese or other favorite filling
- cherry tomatoes
- baby pickles
- orange, peeled and sectioned
- apples cut in circles, rings or slices
- kiwi cut in cubes or in half
- pomegranate seeds
- peach slices
- pear slices
- melon or cantaloupe balls, cubes, wedges
- mandarin oranges
- pineapple chunks or rings
- fruit leather-made with 100% fruit
- banana left in the peel and cut in sections-dip ends in lemon
- dried apricots
- dried fruit mix
- pumpkin seeds
- sunflower seeds
- trail mix with nuts and dried fruit
- yogurt drink
- juice popsicles
- granola bars
- cheese cubes
- cheese sticks
- whole grain crackers
- homemade quick breads-pumpkin, banana, apple, carrot or
- hard boiled eggs
- whole grain toast
- cottage cheese
- whole grain cereal
- multi grain or/and baked tortilla chips
- tuna fish
- homemade pudding
- Popcorn with or without a sprinkle of popcorn cheese
- Homemade granola
Would you like a printable
list of these healthy snack ideas?
Do you Have an Easy Snack for Kids Idea?
Submit your favorite kids recipe
Do you have a favorite recipe your kids love to make? Or a recipe your kids ask you to make again and again? Share it with us!
Follow Kids Cooking Activities