Pumpkin Donuts and Pumpkin Fritters
2 cups cooked pumpkin
1/2 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1-2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
2 large eggs
1. Cook the pumpkin until it is very soft and mash/mix in a food processor until smooth.
2. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Beat the eggs together, add to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
4. Spoon the batter into a hot pan and cook until golden brown.
5. Serve with some cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar sprinkled over each fritter.
Pumpkin Puff Donuts
2 Tablespoons shortening
1 1/4 Cup sugar
1 Cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 Cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
In mixing bowl, blend shortening, sugar and eggs together. Blend in pumpkin and vanilla. In separate bowl add dry ingredients including flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Slowly add into pumpkin mixture while beating.
Add in 1 Cup milk and continue to blend. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
Warm up oil in a pan or deep fryer. Heat to 365 degrees. With a spoon scoop out dough and drop into hot oil. Cook both sides until brown.
~Use small drops of dough if they are too large your donuts will be gooey in the middle and crispy on the outside!
** Kids can help with the mixing and sprinkle donuts with powdered sugar. Cooking with oil isn't for small kids to be near the stove though.
Make teaching easier with our activities and recipes compiled in theme sets and books with an easy to read format