Prep time: 25 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes Serves: 4-6
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 oz. Feta, crumbled
3 T. half & half
1/3 c. balsamic vinegar
Fresh seedless watermelon, cut 24 1” squares approximately 1/3” thick
1/3 c. pistachios, chopped
Small sprigs of fresh basil
1. Place cream cheese, Feta, and half & half in a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer or immersion blender until mixture is light and fluffy. Set aside.
2. Heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally, and cook until the liquid is reduced by one half and starts to cling to the back of a spoon. Reduce heat to low and keep warm until ready to use.
3. Drizzle balsamic glaze onto a serving platter and carefully arrange half of the watermelon squares on top.
4. Add a spoonful of feta mixture. If you want it extra fancy, transfer some of the whipped Feta mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large tip (or use a plastic sandwich bag with one of the bottom corners removed). Pipe the whipped Feta onto each watermelon square on the platter and top each with some fresh basil. Refill the pastry or plastic bag as necessary.
5. Place another slice of watermelon on top of the basil and gently press down to secure. Top each appetizer with some of the remaining whipped Feta and chopped pistachios.
6. Serve immediately garnished with small sprigs of fresh basil and a light drizzle of the remaining balsamic glaze, if desired. Enjoy!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Food Facts.
Kids Cooking Activities Teaching Materials
Make teaching easier with our activities and recipes compiled in theme sets and books with an easy to read format
Perfect for teaching!
~This post may contain affiliate links and I'll earn a small commission if you shop through them. There is no extra cost to you. This is how we help support our family and continue to bring you amazing content. To learn more see the affiliates disclosure here.~
Follow Kids Cooking Activities