Blueberries for Sal Cook with Books Activity
by Lydia Kuehner
Allergy Free Blueberry Crisp Ingredients:
4 cups of blueberries
5 TBS of organic sugar crystals Or white sugar
1/2 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup natural pecans (use the food processor to make very fine)
2/3 cup cane sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil (not melted)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Clean and sort your blueberries and put in a 9 inch pie dish.
3. Sprinkle the blueberries with the 5 TBS of sugar crystals.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix the brown rice flour, pecans, cane sugar and coconut oil. Crumble this mixture together using a fork.
5. Put mixture on top of berries smoothing it.
6. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for roughly 20 minutes, until the mixture is a golden brown color.
Serve warm or cold. This is good with ice cream or for breakfast!!
***You can substitute different berries in this. We have done 2 cups of sliced strawberries and 2 cups of blueberries and it is also very good.
*****It is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, corn free, egg free. We have to have a very allergen friendly household. ****