Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 45-50 minutes Serves: 4-6
4 c. fresh blueberries, rinsed
¼ c. real maple syrup
¾ t. ground cinnamon
½ t. ground allspice
½ t. dried rosemary (or 1½ t. fresh, finely chopped)
¾ c. old-fashioned rolled oats
¼ c. almond flour
¼ c. almonds, sliced
¼ c. honey, preferably local
2 T. unsalted butter, melted
1/8 t. table salt
Optional, to Serve:
1 c. Greek yogurt
1. Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Place blueberries in a large bowl. Add maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice, rosemary, and salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
3. Combine the topping ingredients in a separate bowl and stir until oats are thoroughly coated and all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
4. Pour blueberry mixture into a 10” cast iron skillet and spread into an even layer. Spread the topping evenly across the top in a uniform layer, as well.
5. Place into pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes. If the top layer is nicely browned at this point, cover dish loosely with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the blueberry crisp is nice and bubbling. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
6. Serve warm with some Greek yogurt, if desired. Enjoy!
*Make this into cook with books activity.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Food Facts.
Kids Cooking Activities Teaching Materials
Make teaching easier with our activities and recipes compiled in theme sets and books with an easy to read format
Perfect for teaching!
~This post may contain affiliate links and I'll earn a small commission if you shop through them. There is no extra cost to you. This is how we help support our family and continue to bring you amazing content. To learn more see the affiliates disclosure here.~
Follow Kids Cooking Activities