For a quick and easy kids meal try an omelet cooked in a baggie for
breakfast or any meal. These also freeze well so you can make
several omelets and place in freezer bags. On a busy morning pull
one out and warm in the microwave.
Note: Ziploc bags and any brand of baggies are not recommended for
boiling. See this note
from SC Johnson company.
Thank you Ruby B. for this recipe.
- To start put a large pot of water on the stove and allow it to
come to a boil while you are preparing the omelets.
- Put 2 eggs in a heavy duty baggie, press all the air out and
seal the bag. Smash the eggs through the bag by squeezing with
- Open the bag and add salt, pepper, shredded cheese, chopped
ham, chopped vegetables. Whatever you choose to add to your
omelet. Press the air out again and seal tightly.
- Fold the baggie several times making sure all your eggs are at
the bottom of the bag.
- Carefully place in boiling water. Let boil 12-15 minutes.
- Carefully remove bag out of boiling water. Or let an adult do
- Open the bag and your perfect omelet will roll out on your
- Enjoy your hard work!
Copyright 2006-2015, Madson Web Publishing, LLC - All rights reserved. The material on this site is for educational purposes only.