Massachusetts Kids Cooking Schools
Scroll down to see all the Massachusetts kids cooking schools, kids
cooking lessons and cooking parties listed in this directory.
To add your Kids Cooking Party business or Kids Cooking Classes to
our Kids Cooking School Directory you will need to do the following
- Fill out the form on your designated state page.
- Wait. This is a manual process. We check and double check to
make sure your listing is indeed child friendly, see note below.
Your listing will take a few business days to update. Thanks!~
USA Regional Cooking Activities and Geography
Massachusetts Recipe Highlight: Clam Chowder
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. chickpea flour
- ½ c. clam juice
- 2 c. whole milk
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ t. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 t. fresh thyme
- 2 -6.5-oz. cans minced clams, including juic
- 3 T. fresh parsley, chopped
1. Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add bacon and cook,
stirring occasionally, until the bacon becomes crispy, around 4-5
minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate
lined with paper towels. Blot off excess grease and set aside.
2. Drain and discard all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease from pot
before adding onion, carrots, and garlic. Season with salt and black
pepper, to taste, and sauté until soft, around 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle
with chickpea flour and cook for another minute, stirring
3. Add the clam juice, milk, and heavy cream, and whisk until
combined. Add the potatoes, Old Bay seasoning, fresh thyme and 2/3
of the cooked bacon crumbles. Season with additional salt and black
pepper, if desired, and stir to combine.
4. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a low boil, then
immediately reduce heat to a medium-low. Cover and simmer until the
potatoes are fork-tender, approximately 15 minutes.
5. Once the potatoes are cooked, add clams and stir to combine.
Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, or until the clams are heated
through. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Remove from heat
and serve immediately topped with remaining bacon crumbles and fresh
parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
Kids Cooking Directory
Add your kids cooking school, cooking lessons or cooking party details here. Once we receive your payment and review your site your listing will be added to the directory.
Follow Kids Cooking Activities