Chicken Cordon Bleu
Kids Cooking Party
Try this award winning and easy recipe for this Chicken Cordon Bleu
kids cooking party. Chicken Cordon Bleu is a French dish which is
translated to mean blue ribbon. You will want to write down the
Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe below. Create one for each child that
will be at the party.
This will give them each a chance to follow the recipe while they
are preparing the menu. It is also a good idea to include an extra
one for them to take home, one that won't get messy. They can
impress their own family with what they learned at the cooking
It is also a good idea to write the menu on a sheet of paper hung on
the wall or chalkboard. You can even make this look like a
Once you know the number of children coming go through the list of
things needed especially utensils, bowls, etc. If you need extra ask
friends or family if you can borrow some items for this Chicken
Cordon Bleu kids cooking party.
Kids Cooking Activities Teaching Materials
Make teaching easier with our activities and recipes compiled in theme sets and books with an easy to read format
Perfect for teaching!
~This post may contain affiliate links and I'll earn a small commission if you shop through them. There is no extra cost to you. This is how we help support our family and continue to bring you amazing content. To learn more see the affiliates disclosure here.~
Chicken Cordon Bleu Kids Cooking Party Items Needed:
- Small rectangle disposable aluminum pans. This will allow each
child to prepare their own pan.
- Masking tape. To label kid chefs name on the pans.
- Bowl- 1 or 2 large depending if you are doubling the
recipe-for mixing sauce.
- Spoons- one for each child for mixing, spreading and a few
extras just in case they are needed
- 1 set of teaspoons
- 1 set of tablespoons
- 1 set of cups
- Several rolling pin(s) or kitchen mallets for
flattening chicken breasts-not necessary to have one for each
child as they can share.
- Wax paper
- Actual recipe ingredients
- Plastic gloves if you'd like to use these when handling meat.
If not make sure everyone washes their hands after handling raw
- Paper plates, cups and eating utensils
Chicken Cordon Bleu Kids Cooking Party
Two weeks ahead:
Planning To Do List:
- Send out invitations
- Order/sew/buy aprons or chef hats
One week ahead:
- Make your shopping list for the party
- Buy non perishable items, goody bags and any craft supplies
you need if you are decorating aprons or hats
- Prepare chef hats ahead of time
Several days ahead:
- Put your goody bags together
- Get a final number of how many children are coming to the
One to two days ahead:
- Do your grocery shopping for the remaining items
- Prepare cooking party cake if you are having one
Morning of party:
- Line kitchen tables or any large table with a plastic
tablecloth or white butcher paper.
- Tear off sheets of waxed paper to use while preparing chicken.
Get all of our Kids Cooking Parties in one
free of ads and easier to use at parties and cooking activities
kids. Also included with our Menu Party Plans are:
- Party to do lists
- Step by step directions
- Complete recipes
- Recipe cards
- A list of items needed for the party
- Party invitations
- Tips and ideas to help your kids cooking party run smoothly
- Filler ideas for parties
- Kids cooking party games
Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
This recipe is for 6 children increase the recipe as needed for your
kids cooking party.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 6 slices Swiss cheese or cheddar cheese
- 6 slices ham
- Can cream chicken soup
- ½ pint sour cream
- ½ Cup milk
Give each child a pair of gloves if using them.
This will help with kitchen sanitation when handling chicken but if
you prefer they can use their hands and wash well after handling
chicken. To start this Chicken Cordon Bleu kids cooking party each
child should have a small rectangle aluminum pan, 2 sheets of waxed
paper, a chicken breast, a slice of cheese and a slice of ham. Have
each child place a chicken breast between two sheets of waxed paper.
With a meat mallet or rolling pin have them beat chicken several
times to flatten. Place chicken in aluminum pan. Place a slice of
ham and a slice of cheese on top of the chicken. Roll up and hold
together with toothpicks if needed. Remove gloves and wash hands.
In a bowl, have one child add a can of cream of chicken soup. Have
another child add sour cream. Take turns stirring. Add 1/2 Cup of
milk if you'd like a thinner sauce. Each kid chef can spoon sauce
over their chicken. Have each child put their name on their pan with
masking tape. Cook at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until chicken is
cooked through. While the chicken is cooking, prepare a dessert or
other recipe you have planned, decorate aprons, chef hats or play
**Try this chicken cordon
for a different take on this recipe.
Kids Cooking Party Ideas:
~Kids cooking parties,
~Birthday Cooking Party, ~ Calzones,
your own pizzas,
~Mini cordon bleu,
with different fillings,
toast and homemade syrup,
pizza, ~ Cookie Swap,
sundaes with cookie cups,
and Meatballs cake, ~Kids Cooking Games