Fruit Pies Kids Cooking Party
Fruit pies can be made mini size for a mini fruit pies kids cooking
party. You can make this as simple or complex as you choose. You can
prepare your own homemade pie dough and give each child a ball of
dough to work with. Or you can cut circles out of already made pie
crusts to fit into small pie pans.
Once you know the number of children coming go through the list of
things needed especially utensils, bowls, etc. If you need extra ask
friends or family if you can borrow some items for a mini fruit pie
kids cooking party.
Kids Cooking Activities Teaching Materials
Make teaching easier with our activities and recipes compiled in theme sets and books with an easy to read format
Perfect for teaching!
~This post may contain affiliate links and I'll earn a small commission if you shop through them. There is no extra cost to you. This is how we help support our family and continue to bring you amazing content. To learn more see the affiliates disclosure here.~
Items Needed for this Kids Cooking Party
- Small individual size pie pans,
if you don't have these available use a muffin pan and label
each child's pie along the edges with masking tape.
- Masking tape. To label kid chefs name on the pans.
- Several pizza pans or cookie sheets
- Mixing Bowl
- Spoons- one for each child for mixing and a few extras if
- 1 set of teaspoons
- 1 set of tablespoons
- 1 set of cups
- Actual recipe ingredients
- Several rolling pins
- Paper plates, cups and eating utensils
- Extra flour for rolling out pie dough
- Pastry brushes for brushing
top of pie
- Mini cookie cutters for top of
crust or just cut slits
Fruit Pies Kids Cooking Party Planning To Do List
Two weeks ahead:
- Send out invitations
- Order/sew/buy aprons or chef hats
One week ahead:
- Make your shopping list for the party
- Buy non perishable items, goody bags and any craft supplies
you need if you are decorating aprons or hats
- Prepare chef hats ahead of time
Several days ahead:
- Put your goody bags together
- Get a final number of how many children are coming to the
One to two days ahead:
- Do your grocery shopping for the remaining items
- Prepare cooking party cake if you are having one
- Line kitchen tables or any large table with a plastic
tablecloth or white butcher paper.
Morning of party:
- Prepare homemade pie dough or cut circles out of already made
pie crusts to fit into small pie pans. If you are doing this
during the mini fruit pies kids cooking party skip over this
- Set up table with cooking items
Get all of our Kids Cooking Parties in one
free of ads and easier to use at parties and cooking activities
kids. Also included with our Menu Party Plans are:
- Party to do lists
- Step by step directions
- Complete recipes
- Recipe cards
- A list of items needed for the party
- Party invitations
- Tips and ideas to help your kids cooking party run smoothly
- Filler ideas for parties
- Kids cooking party games
Mini Fruit Pies Recipe
- Pie dough homemade or store bought
- Aluminum individual pie pans
- 2-3 cans of Pie filling
- Egg white
You will need to make several batches of pie dough (if homemade)
depending on the number of children. One batch of dough should make
3-4 mini pies with a bottom and top crust. It is a good idea to have
extra on hand in case you need it.
Give each child two balls of pie dough and a mini pie pan. Sprinkle
the table with flour and allow them to roll out a ball of pie dough
into a small circle. Place dough into the small pie pans. If you are
using already rolled out pie dough circles skip the above step and
just add circle to pie pan. Roll out the second ball of dough into a
circle for the top crust.
Have each child spoon pie filling into their pie shell. With the
second circle use mini cookie cutters or cut slits in the circle.
Top pie with second pie crust. Cut off the excess dough around the
edges and pinch the edges together. With a pastry brush, brush tops
of pie with egg white and sprinkle with sugar before cooking. Place
on a cookie sheet and label with masking tape each kid chef's pie.
Several children can share a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for
30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
While waiting for all the pies to cook, prepare another recipe,
decorate aprons, chef hats or play cooking games.
Other Pie Variations
If you'd like to try something different then chicken pot pie, try
one of these pie recipes.
Kids Cooking Party Ideas:
~Kids cooking parties,
~Birthday Cooking Party, ~ Calzones,
your own pizzas,
~Mini cordon bleu,
with different fillings,
toast and homemade syrup,
pizza, ~ Cookie Swap,
sundaes with cookie cups,
and Meatballs cake, ~Kids Cooking Games
Follow Kids Cooking Activities