Western Theme Dinner
Here is all the planning for your western theme dinner. Start
your theme dinner by dressing with bandannas, cowboy hats and
Kids Cooking Activities Teaching Materials
Make teaching easier with our activities and recipes compiled in theme sets and books with an easy to read format
Perfect for teaching!
~This post may contain affiliate links and I'll earn a small commission if you shop through them. There is no extra cost to you. This is how we help support our family and continue to bring you amazing content. To learn more see the affiliates disclosure here.~
Western Centerpiece Idea
Fill a cowboy boot with fake sunflowers
or place a stuffed
horse or toy horses in the middle. Create a corral around the horses
Wanted posters are a fun invitation to a western themed party. Use
western language on the invite, "Mosey on over partner for a wild
west birthday hoe down in honor of outlaw/sheriff (child's name
Western Theme Dinner Menu
Easy Baked Beans with Frankfurters
- 1 can beans = 2 cups cooked beans. Substitute any type of
beans you'd like
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup onions chopped or 1 small onion
- 2 cans pinto beans or pork and beans, drained
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 4 hot dogs cut in small chunks or mini hot dogs
Mix beans together in a casserole dish. Set aside. Cook bacon and
allow to cool. Crumble and cook onions in pan with some of the bacon
grease. Take onions out when transparent and stir into beans. Add
bacon and hot dogs to bean mixture. In a large measuring cup add
brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Stir into
bean mixture and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
Pot of Beef Stew
Butter slices of thick bread and place on a cookie sheet. Cook in
the oven on 450 degrees for 5-10 minutes until crispy. If desired
add shredded cheese, Parmesan cheese or seasoning. This would go
well with the beef stew.
Or try topping your cowboy size toast with sloppy
Other Western Dinner Menu Ideas
- Roast chicken
- Grilled steak
- Baked Potatoes with the trimmings, such as sour cream,
shredded cheese, chili or Ranch dressing
Try some Dutch Oven
, a great Cowboy theme party method of cooking.
Western Kids Game Ideas
With kids you can still use the wild west poker feel, just play
games like go fish and old maid. Here are some more ideas:
- Guests line up in 2 lines with their water guns
- The lines face away from each other back to back
- Tell the guests to take five paces away
- When you say draw, the kids all turn
- They point their gun at anyone in the line opposite
- If two children are pointing guns at each other, they are out
Set up some light weight objects, such as empty water bottles for
the guests to shoot down with their water guns.
- Divide guests into teams of four or more players
- The teams line up and face each other.
- The first player on each team is given a ball of string.
- At the starting signal, the first player passes the string to
- He still holds on to the string
- The players pass to the end of the line unwinding the string
- At the end of the line, the string is passed behind the
- This continues until the ball is used up
- The first team to get to the end is the winner
Get all of our Theme Dinner Ideas in one
, free of ads and easier to use at parties and
cooking activities with kids.
30 theme dinner ideas with recipe menu plans, decorating ideas and
printable invitations all included in this 83 paged electronic
Need Party Supplies?
Here are some we like.
Make your own Theme Dinner Party page.
Have you put together your own Theme Dinner Party? Do you have a theme menu or theme dinner idea to share? Tell us about it and we will create your own theme dinner party page.
Theme Dinner Ideas:
~Theme Dinner Ideas,
~ Penguins, ~~Princess
and Prince Dinner, ~
Princess Tea Party,
Bear Tea Party, ~Transportation,
Follow Kids Cooking Activities